Friday 11 March 2011

Toffee Bacon Lollipop from Cochon 555

As I mentioned in my previous post, my favourite dish from Cochon 555 was the Toffee Bacon Lollipop that I took home and consumed the next day.

Not only does this lollipop look totally pleasing with its shimmering chocolate-drenched pig-face contour, it also delivers a rather unique culinary experience...

Each bite flooded my mouth with deliciousness. The texture of the toffee wasn't jaw-breaking, yet required a substantial amount of force to bite into, which was rewarded by the salty, caramelised and subtle meaty flavour.

I am so sad that I failed to take home more than one of these rare and delectable finds!

15 comments:

  1. sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I call.....HEAVEN on a stick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strange and wonderful flavour explosion! Sounds really different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sinfully delicious! Yummy!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of but never seen this before. It really doesn't look bad and comes pretty close to being paradise on a stick. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny that you have posted these when I post about veg bacon - wonder if it would go well in these - I understand salty and sweet but am still a bit unsure about smoky and sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I still haven't tried bacon and chocolate together. Looks mighty tasty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds divine. Those close up shots are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting combination!

    Came across your blog on Mary's blog.

    www.duncaninkuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to try this pop! It really does sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best lollipop ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, these sound phenomenal! Lucky you! Yes, you should have definitely bought at least a dozen of these pops:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. we made it and won the crown with that little lollipop. after that event, the demand was so great we now make those on a regular basis. you can get them from us at zazu restaurant + farm in sonoma county or online at www.blackpigmeatco.com. it is called the black pig bacon toffee piggy pop. so glad you liked it. happy hogs! duskie & john

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comment John and Duskie! I am so in love with your lollipops, you truly deserved the crown! Unfortunately, I have returned to England so I wont be able to get my hands on any more of them. But I will take note of your availability, should I return to California in the future - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I love hearing from you.