Monday 5 July 2010

The Hummingbird Bakery

After drooling all over my Hummingbird cookbook, two of my friends and I decided it was about time that we took a trip to the big city, to check out The Hummingbird Bakery for real.

My friend Ben went for a Rocky Road Cup, and my friend Kate went for a Red Velvet Cupcake.

And I went for the Cheesecake Brownie.

A rather hungry and excited Kate went for cupcake number two... The Carrot Cupcake.

The brownie was pretty heavy, so filled me up for a good while. However, I decided, as I had come all that way, that it was necessary to get a "cake-away".

I took home a Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pie and a Black Bottom Cupcake.

My Black Bottom Cupcake got a little squished on the way home...

But it still tasted INcredible. I think it may be my favourite treat by Hummingbird, as it's dark and rich and not too sweet, with two treats combined into one! (Cheesecake top and chocolate bottom)

3 comments:

  1. Wow - Can't believe i've not heard of these before. I may have to take a little detour here next time i'm in the big ciy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dream place! Now, I am drooling and crave those goodies...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humminbird are amazing!! So yummy!! I tried out the Ham and mushroom savoury muffin recipe in the book (pics on my blog)...i was so impressed, they're delish!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I love hearing from you.